Day 7 – Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Our hotel.
The city is completely walled and has a beautiful garden where the castle once stood. It is filled with tourists and every shop caters to them/us. Beer steins, sausages, a Christmas decorations seem to be the biggest draw. Oh, and the Schneeballs, a ball of pie crust sold in most shops that carry food. We sampled one and even I, who loves pie crust, didn’t like it!
The best part of our stay here for me was the Night Watchman’s Tour. It was recommended by Rick S. About 100 English speaking people gathered in Market Square at 8pm (the German speaking tour was at 9:30. http://www.nightwatchman.de/index.php?cat=147&cl2=141&cl3=147&sprache=ENG
I thought it was going to be quite hokey but it really was
interesting and fun.
We had a nice German dinner served by a guy from Seattle who
moved here 10 years ago to be close to his ex-wife and daughter. He definitely
wishes he was back in the US.
He would be such a great client if I lived here!


No comments:
Post a Comment