Thursday, November 4, 2010

Arrivederci Italy, Bonjour Paris - Day 16

Today we bid farewell to Italy. We left Todi early to make our way to the Rome airport, about a two hour drive. From there Susan and Werner took a cab to Rome Termini station to catch their train to Thun, Switzerland.

Rick and I were a little nervous about flying to Paris because of the strikes that were causing many flights to be canceled. We ended up flying into Charles de Gaulle airport and taking a train to our hotel. The only problem we had was that the strikes had limited the trains and we had to switch to another one to get where we were going.

Our hotel is located in the Marais district in Paris, on the Right Bank, around the corner from the Pompedou Center, and traditionally the Jewish neighborhood. I can't remember how I found this hotel but is it lovely and in a great area. After a little rest we went out to find dinner. Because we were in a neighborhood, we walked past butcher shops, fish shops, fruit and vegetable stands, patisseries, boulangeries, and numerous cafes. Everything was beautiful. We settled into a little cafe. No more pasta, pizza, and red sauce!

I had a delightful omelet with jambon and fromage with a delicious green salad. Rick had steak frites!

No comments:

Post a Comment