Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back to Todi - Day 15

Ruth and Joel headed out this morning back to Florence to catch a plane home tomorrow. Susan and I spent some of the morning before packing up, taking some more pictures of this lovely place near Orvieto. It really is much like a spa with a fitness center, pool, and walking trails. Between the olive groves, vineyards, and even pomegranate trees, it definitely felt like we were not in Kansas anymore! They also have apartments available. Check it out at http://www.laroccaorvieto.com/index_eng.html.

We made our way back to the Todi House via several other hill towns. I must say, they all are beautiful but I don't think I could tell you which one was which except for Civita!

Rita had one final dinner for us. We told her it would only be four and of course she cooked for at least ten! Lasagna, very thin slices of beef sauteed with truffles, bright green spinach, and some kind of fruit torte for dessert. Can't find a single photo so I bet we forgot to take some! We must be getting lazy!

Here is one final photo of Werner in the Todi House garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment