We began our travels on Thursday, October 7 and flew from Kansas to Detroit to Paris to Rome. It was a really, I mean really, long. We took the train from the airport into the city, walked about six blocks to our hotel, arrivin
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Leawood to Rome - Day 1
Travels with Karen and Rick - 2010
We began our travels on Thursday, October 7 and flew from Kansas to Detroit to Paris to Rome. It was a really, I mean really, long. We took the train from the airport into the city, walked about six blocks to our hotel, arrivin
g about 4pm. One at a time, we squeezed ourselves into the tiniest shower I've ever seen. I think I was barely dried off before falling asleep. We thought we'd awaken for dinner and do Rick Steves' evening walking tour of Rome but instead we just kept sleeping. We'd wake up every few hours, talk a little, and doze off again. Giving into sleep was probably the best thing we did on this really long day.
We began our travels on Thursday, October 7 and flew from Kansas to Detroit to Paris to Rome. It was a really, I mean really, long. We took the train from the airport into the city, walked about six blocks to our hotel, arrivin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment