
We checked out of the hotel and headed out around 9:30. It took us until 5 to get to Geneva. We stopped for lunch in another medieval village that Werner and Susan had

visited on another trip. You would think that if you saw one medieval village you'd seen them all but this one was smaller with it's own charm. It is closer to Switzerland so you can see the Swiss chalet like design in the buildings using more wood. I never quite found the age of the village but the streets were totally cobblestone which made walking difficult but added to the ambiance.
We're now at the hotel near the Geneva airport and ready to go to bed to await our 6am wake-up call. Susan and Werner have gone on to Switzerland for another 5 days of travel.
Over dinner, Rick and I talked about the trip trying to figure out the best parts. We decided that they were all best parts! We both also realize how lucky we are that we have had the opportunity to experience what we have. I've made a point of appreciating every moment and it has been one of the easiest things I have ever done. I hope this appreciation will continue when I am home. I know I'm not one to be fully in the moment. Now that I've experienced it, it is my hope that I will be able to pull it off in the real world.

Thank you for joining me on the trip. I probably would have never kept up this record of what we did if I didn't have you to read it. I've delighted in your comments and in sharing this with you. I close with a photo of a beautiful rose I saw today in Perouges. Another time I wish that we could digitize fragrance too.
Avoir, my loved ones. Talk to you after we cross the sea!
No comments:
Post a Comment