We then did another Rick Steves suggestion (if I haven't mentioned this before, anyone contemplating a trip to Europe should not do it without a Rick Steves book for your particular area. He hasn't let us down once from activity, restaurant, hotel, and even laundry suggestions!)
The Provencal Loop took us into olive groves, vineyard, and lavender country. Unfortunately the lavender isn't in bloom yet but the scenery was phenomenal. Susan drove us up into the mountains, through tiny villages, hairpin turns, and roads
that only could handle once car at a time. Not a trip for someone who gets car sick or doesn't like heights. I don't get car sick but I find heights dizzying. It was so beautiful, I didn't even notice how far up we were. Here are some photos so you can hopefully see the experience we had. Actually, my photos don't do the scenery justice.
No comments:
Post a Comment