As you can see, we had perfect weather. After we climbed down we drove on to Monaco. The drive was phenomenal. Monaco was crowded with people and the preparations for the Grand Prix auto race. We didn't go into the Monte Carlo casino but I wanted to take a photo for my step-dad, Bob. Then we toured the grounds and looked at some more yachts. Below are a few photos. If you click on the photo on the right you can see the viewing stands. There were chain link fences lining all the roads to keep the cars from flying into the crowds.

After we left Monaco we decided to drive into Italy. We stopped at a little beach community for a step into the sea and an ice cream cone. The beach rather than having sand was covered with
what looked like river rocks. They were awful to walk on barefoot but the sound they made when a wave ebbed was absolutely musical!
We made our way back to our hotel through a little, very untouristy village, La Turbie, recommended by none other than my new best friend,
Rick Steves, and had dinner in what he described as the "most welcoming restaurant on the Riviera." It was! I'll conclude with a photo of some Roman ruins in La Turbie and the end of another fabulous day! 
All your training seems to be serving you well! I am so happy you are having an amazing time and sharing your travels. Every day I get to go on vacation with you :)
ReplyDelete