The room in the chateau that has internet is kind of mildewy smelling (apparently most castles have that problem!) so I'm going to make this short.

Today we breakfasted on the panoramic deck and then went to explore the village of Trigance. It is much smaller than our last village but very pretty and much less

touristy. Here are a few photos.
Susan and I drove Werner down and Rick took the 75 steps down to the village. Susan and I walked the road back. It was pretty steep but

absolutely beautiful to see the views at a walking pace. We were also able to see the wildflowers close up. It is natural rock garden here nicer than any person made one I've seen.

After we met at the top, we left for the Gorges du Verdon (the Grand Canyon). Was it ever grand! I've never seen the American

one but the views of this were dizzying and awe-inspiring. The color of the water in the river that made the canyon is the same color of glaciers. My camera has been taking photos that are very overexposed (hopefully we fixed that tonight) so I doubt you'll see the true color.
Another dinner in the chateau/castle and then tomorrow it's back to Provence to a little village called Les Baux which is between Arles and St. Remy.
No comments:
Post a Comment