The ride here took about four hours. We didn’t take any highways just
I don’t know how I can describe where we are staying for the next two nights. It’s a completely rebuilt ancient fortress of meditation built by the monks of the Abbey of St. Victor de Marseille in the 9th century. It was occupied by different families until the French revolution when the chateau was destroyed. In 1961, a couple fell in love with the ruins and
Werner was here in the late 60’s and saw it at the beginning of the rebuilding. He’s so excited about being back and seeing how it has changed.
I’ll take some photos inside tomorrow but here are some photos done today when we arrived. We had the best meal of our trip tonight in the dining room with the other quests.
Tomorrow we plan to relax on the panoramic deck and maybe do some exploring of the village. We’ll see the Grand Canyon on Saturday when we make our way back west for our final stop.
I’m beginning to feel tinges of homesickness but I don’t want to not enjoy a single moment of this magical trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment