Another lovely day. We slept in to make sure we were over jet lag. Actually, we slept in because we didn't wake up! We're on vacation!
We started walking in a different direction today with our ultimate destination, the Van Gogh museum. On the way we had pancakes for lunch. Pancakes here are one big one rather than a stack.
You might notice the little bird in the photo. That's Waldo. It's a Webkin we took on the trip for our niece, Sophie. We're documenting his trip to Europe too.
The Van Gogh museum was an incredible experience. The special exhibit showing was Van Gogh: Colours of the Night. It was amazing to see most of his evening and night paintings all in one place. It even had Starry Night which is a favorite in my family. I had seen it at the MOMA in NYC. It was like visiting an old friend here.
One last thing. I had a surprise on the walk back to the hotel, I thought I saw a Chico's! OMG! On closer look though it was actually Chica's. I'm glad. I like Amsterdam just the way it is!
I'm so glad you are loving Amsterdam. I knew you would!
ReplyDeleteTim wants to know what your itinerary is. He is flying to Italy on the 17th.