
Some final thoughts on Rome...I loved having been there and think we had just enough time in the big city. The people are very friendly (especially the guys on the street that have something to sell.) There seems to be a higher ratio of physically attractive (like in hot) men and women here than I've seen elsewhere! I also think there is a higher ratio of tall people too. And, I can really see how Rome is a fashion center. People here look good and they are nice too!
We took a mo

rning train to Milan and then switched trains to head to Varenna. It took us about five hours. I find train travel relaxing and I think Rick and I took turns dozing. Varenna is a lovely town on Lake Como. Every time I've mentioned it to anyone they bring up George Clooney who lives on the lake somewhere (it's a big lake). We

took a quick walk through the village. I think I'll just include some photos so you can get the feel for the place.
The photo above is the view from our room. It is so peaceful. There are lots of tourists here

but it isn't tacky and so far no young man has tried to sell us a shawl or weird toy.

We had a lovely dinner at our hotel and got the wi-fi to work in our room. Who could ask for more? I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.
I love reading your blog, Karen. My mom just sent my the link. I hope to read much more about your adventures, especially when the rest of the group joins in. Love you!
ReplyDelete-Beckie