I'm still playing catch-up for the lack of internet so even though this says it is 10/19, I'm really talking about Thursday, 10/14.

Since the weather was still great we decided to explore the island communities around Venice. Again, the vaporetto was totally convenient. Our first stop was Murano, famous for its glass furnaces. The flowers in the photo are glass. We explored a little but it was pretty commercialized. Susan had been there before so she suggested we spend the bulk of our time at the other two islands in Venice's lagoon.

Our next stop was Torcello for lunch. It seemed to be the least inhabited/most rural/less tourists. A fun experience was meeting some Italian guys who were having

a great time and taking their photo for them. We surmised that maybe they were on a reunion of the good old days. They reciprocated and took ours!
Rick and I continued on to Burano which is known for its lace, while We

rner and Susan went back to Venice. The most amazing part of this village is the way the

color their buildings. It was the brightest, most fun, spot I've ever been. I can't imagine anyone be depressed here!

As you can see by the photo on the right it was getting to be dusk. The boat ride back to Venice was incredible. We were very, very happy!
We had dinner in

Venice to end our day. Rick had a "boot" of beer for our toast!
No comments:
Post a Comment