Saturday, October 23, 2010

Orvieto - Day 12


After finishing laundry and a last hike up to Todi (where I found some Roman ruins), we headed to Orvieto. The drive was gorgeous. Of course, I got to enjoy it while Susan handled the hairpin turns and Rick and “the lady” (our GPS) navigated.

Our agriturisimo makes wine and olive oil from its own vineyards and olive groves. It is a spa and probably very popular in the summer. It seems as if we have it mostly to ourselves. Although we did meet a couple from Denver who were retirees and had been traveling around Italy for the last 8 weeks with 3 more to go on their trip. They were as frustrated as we were with the spotty internet!

We had a lovely dinner in its restaurant. There was absolutely nothing on the menu that I could eat so they made me some spaghetti with red sauce and a salad. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment