Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jamaica - Day Four
This Relaxing is Exhausting

I can feel my metabolism slowing down with the gentle pace of our days. Only one more to go after today and we are completely enjoying every moment.

This morning was the highlight of the day for both of us. Rick went snorkeling with Paul the life guard. Another guest here from Australia was with them. He had an underwater camera and has promised to e-mail Rick the photos he took. Rick very much enjoyed his time with the fishes.

I went back to the spa for another "experience." This time Olivine was my massage therapist. She started with a lavender scented salt scrub and then gave me a lovely facial. I'm posting a photo of the outside massage table although we were inside for this since she had so many oils, lotions, and creams to use. We had a very interesting conversation throughout the whole thing. Normally, I don't like to talk too much but it was my first actual "deep" conversation with someone from here and it was quite enlightening.


After our experiences, we had another fabulous lunch. I had what was described to me as lasagna but what really was mac and cheese with some interesting spice and peppers. Rick had fish but neither of us remember what kind at this point! I also am including a photo of the condiments that are on the breakfast and lunch table. When lunch was over we decided to take our afternoon nap outside but ended up back in our room since it was pretty hot even in the shade.

Our final experience of the day was supposed to be a private sunset hot tub in a cave of course! Unfortunately our romantic experience turned out to be me shivtzing and complaining about the heat. We ended up going up to the cool pool for the final few minutes of the sun setting. It was delightful.

Of course after that we needed another nap before dinner. The star gazing was particularly lovely tonight. We tried to use my iPhone app to figure things out but ended up just enjoying another lovely dinner and another banana daiquiri!

2 comments: