Jamaica - Day Three
Another Day in Paradise
I think we are getting the hang of this resort vacation thing. A few times I have had fleeting thoughts of "what are we going to do today" but they have only been fleeting. Mostly we're into sleeping, eating, looking at the sea, chatting with fellow travelers, eating some more, etc.
 |
| A Dirty Banana Daiquiri |
 |
| Brown, stewed chicken with rice and greens |
I'll get the food out of the way first. Breakfast - fruit and made-to-order banana pancakes, Lunch - a delicious salad, brown stewed chicken (photo) and Rick had a fish wrap, Dinner - I had jerk chicken and Rick had tuna both accompanied by amazing sweet potatoes and green beans. Rick has stuck to fruit punch. I had quite a few banana daiquiris (dirty - with Bailey's and Kahlua) and regular. I switched to a Cosmo for dinner. I might try to mix it up with drinks tomorrow.


We finished breakfast around 11 and decided to walk to the lighthouse at the end of the property. We actually had to leave The Caves and walk down the street to reach it. We were too lazy to climb it but we walked around the grounds seeing some interesting old ruins of buildings and some fantastic huge trees. The sign was at the gate of the lighthouse. It looked like a herd of goats lived across the street hence the need to shut the gate.

After we returned, we decided to explore some of the caves. The surf was getting a little rougher and I took tons of pictures before I could catch it breaking at the mouth of a cave. We rested and read in our favorite gazebo before lunch. After lunch we showered prior to our first "experience."
 |
| Rick too tired to make it up the steps to our room! |
We had massages overlooking the sea. Those of you who know that Aveda fragrance can imagine what it was like. It really was one of the best massages I've ever had and I even stayed awake for the whole thing! It made me chuckle when I heard Rick snoring. He had said he would take the table overlooking the water since I would probably sleep through mine. I didn't get any photos of the little spa but I will tomorrow.

The massages really tired us out so we went back to our room to rest. I rested long enough to get the energy to head out to the pool for my water aerobics while watching the sunset. Rick joined me and it was perfectly delightful.
After all that exercise (and vodka), it was time for a nap before dinner. We made it to our candlelit, enchanted, rooftop dining room around 8:30. Dinner was delicious as mentioned above. We ate under a sky strewn with stars while watching lightening in the distance. After a walk the length of the property (about 5 minutes), we are now back in our room totally exhausted from such a busy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment