Monday, August 11, 2014

France and Switzerland 2014 - Day 10

Saturday, August 9, 2014

After our last delicious breakfast, we packed and prepared for catching our trains (Kyle to Paris to catch his plane back to Boston, and the rest of us to Zurich). The trains were departing within about 20 minutes of each other around 2:00pm. Jim drove us to the train station in time to have lunch in a Dijon cafe.  He was so sweet to join us for lunch and stay with us until we were safely aboard the train.

We said a tearful farewell to Kyle and Jim and boarded our train. I so enjoyed getting to know Kyle and am so grateful for the opportunity to spend extended time with him. What a great guy! Here is a photo of Susan and him from a few days ago.





It took about 2.5 hours to get to Zurich on the fast train. It was pretty warm on the train

and I was really relieved to get off. It was fun to be greeted by this lady whom I met last time we were here!

This is our third stay at the Sonne. It is an incredibly lovely place on the shore of the Zurichsee in the town of Kusnacht. Parts of the hotel date back to 1641. After checking in we had dinner in the self-serve restaurant right on the lake. We enjoyed an amazing sunset while watching the people around us and the boats cruising the lake.

The evening was heavenly.

Vacationing is getting exhausting for me though. All this fun, relaxation, and good company is making me lazy! I was the first to go back to the room and get ready for bed

1 comment:

  1. Karen, I enjoyed getting to know you and Rick as well! Thanks for documenting our trip!!

    ReplyDelete