I'm finding it harder to blog as we count down the days until we return to the US. I'm missing my grandbabies and kids a lot and can't wait to see them. I'm also missing our barge pals. It feels like they should be along for this portion of the trip.

It rained throughout the night and into the afternoon. It definitely cooled down the temperatures for which I am most grateful. The view from our hotel room revealed clouds lowering across the lake and then lifting to reveal the houses.
We headed into Zurich in the early afternoon. Susan and I went to check out the shops we had scoped out yesterday. Rick and Werner explored the Clock and Watch Museum. We met up at Spruengli, a famous, extraordinary, confiserie on the Bahnhofstrasse. I'm totally blown away by how expensive everything is here. The charge for three ice cream sundaes and a cup of coffee was $62.00! I was going to buy gifts for the babies but couldn't bring myself to buy a wooden puzzle for $39.00.
We took the boat back to the hotel. It was the long way around the lake but was called the short round trip. I'm still getting a kick out of all the "fahrt" and "gasse" signs.
After returning, Rick and I walked to the restaurant we had eaten in last trip. It was a bit confusing but we think it was replaced by a stationery store. We ended up eating at the hotel. Susan had the best French fries ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment