-->
After breakfast we spent some time on
deck and then Jim met us with the van and he took
us off to a chateau and small
village, Chateauneuf. We could see it up on the hill for quite a while. We were
able to spend about 30 minutes wandering around. Jim, kindly supplied
a wheelchair he borrowed from his neighbor so that Werner could be more comfortable as we explored the village.
a wheelchair he borrowed from his neighbor so that Werner could be more comfortable as we explored the village.
We returned in time for another
fantastic lunch. We noticed at lunch that we weren’t going anywhere and we
asked what was going on. Apparently, the water pump in the engine had broken
and they were working on getting a part and someone to repair it. We read and
relaxed on deck and soon Cedric came up to tell us that we couldn’t continue
our voyage until it was fixed and that would not be until the next afternoon.
We are so laid back that it really doesn’t seem much of an inconvenience to us.
I’m sure it is stressing the crew. We will still be able to do everything that
is on are itinerary. The only unfortunate thing is that we are stopped by a
highway so we have some traffic noise, no biggie.
Around 3:30, Jim collected Rick and
Werner to take them for a narrow gauge train excursion ending at a train
museum. Susan and Kyle planned another bike ride. In the adventurous spirit
that I find myself in, I decided to join them.
OMG, I haven’t been on a bike since
1986. What was I thinking? I especially started panicking when Cedric brought
my bike around. It was a bit humiliating when I got on and he ran along behind
me holding on to the bike, like I was a 6 year old. After a few tries I really
wanted to quit but Kyle and Susan encouraged me and I couldn’t back down.
So holding on to the brakes for dear
life and not even trying to figure out the gears, I white
knuckled it for about
a mile to a café. I had enough of biking, so after a cold drink Susan and Kyle
insisted on riding me back. They then took off for a real ride and I spent the
rest of the afternoon reading a fun book about Burgundy, The Grape Escape.
When everyone returned to the boat,
they had another game of Petanque. I begged off because my knees were killing
me (wonder why?) So while they played I had another Kir and enjoyed my book.
Dinner was served at 7:45 and was the
best yet! Still no internet so I can’t post this but we are enjoying the
evening listening to Keb’Mo on the stereo, talking with Jim and Cedric, and
thoroughly enjoying ourselves.


No comments:
Post a Comment